It has been a long argued topic of how to create the perfect ‘Bloody Mary’. There are many different preparations to suit people’s individual tastes and this one has been prepared by Italian barman, Nicola. Quarter Bar and Lounge has created what they deem a “rouge masterpiece in a tall glass”, that will have any customer leaving with a new favourite!
Method and ingredients
- Frost glass with a salt and crumble mix
In the bottom of the mixer:
- Slice three cherry tomatoes
- Add a handful of fresh basil
- Give ‘a jolly good shake of salt and pepper’
- Pour in a generous splash of tobasco and Worcester Sauce
- … a tablespoon of lemon juice
- ”Muddle” extremely gently
- Pour in 50ml of premium Vodka
- Top with ice
- Add 100ml of a Premium high end tomato juice
- Shake GENTLY.
- Garnish with more basil tomatoes and pepper
- Finish with two drinking straws into the glass and enjoy immediately!
The staff at Quarter Bar and Lounge believe they have created the perfect ‘Bloody Mary’ – and their secret weapon? The freshest of ingredients bought at nearby Borough Market on a daily basis.
Contributor: Guy Hough Photography: Sue Lowry
London Bridge Hotel and Quarter Bar & Lounge are clients of Magellan PR. Follow them on Twitter @LondBridgeHotel @Quarter_Bar and become a fan on Facebook/ LondonBridgeHotel / QuarterBar visit http://www.londonbridgehotel.com.
Magellan PR is on twitter: @MagellanPR / on Facebook: MagellanPR / on Pinterest: Sue Lowry / on Google+: Sue Lowry & MagellanPR and on Flickr: Sue Lowry. For more information on our company, visit www.magellan-pr.com. Follow our other blog focussing on travel in the South of England – A3 Traveller.
- Shaken not stirred: A Singaporean Institution (magellanstraits.com)